Short hairs, we know, are not easy to style. Pixie hair is one of the most difficult styles to manage. But when it is done right, this look can be stunning! So, are you game to take on the challenge? We have inspirational ideas and tips on how to style short pixie hairs.
They are nothing but small sections of your hair that are partially braided. And they look fabulous on pixie haircuts! You can experiment with different braid styles for this look. Go for a fishtail, French braid, or a simple three-strand braid. The main inspirational idea behind this look is to add a touch of femininity and softness to your pixie haircut.
- Start by brushing your hair to remove any knots or tangles. You can use a straightening iron to smooth out your locks if you have wavy or curly hair. And keep them in the direction you desire with the help of some strong-hold hairspray.
- Next, remove a small section of hair from the front and braid it. Just like the normal braiding process, divide the section into three parts. And start crossing them over each other. But leave out a few strands of hair while you are braiding.
- Now we are going to make it just like a waterfall braid. So, take the hairs from the top of your head to the uppermost strand of the braid and bring that hair over the middle strand. Then, take the lowermost strand and cross it over the middle one. You will have to keep repeating this process until you reach the end of your braid.
- After braiding, secure the end of your braid with a small elastic band. And pull out a few strands of hair from the braid to give it a softer and more natural look.
Rocker Chic Pixie
This is a look that is all about being edgy and fun! You will need to have some gel or mousse handy to get this look. And, of course, a good dose of confidence!
- Start by applying some gel or mousse to your damp hair. And use your fingers to style your hair into the desired shape. It can be a little messy and wild. But that is exactly the look we are going for!
- Once your hair is styled, you can use a blow dryer to set the look. And finish it off with some strong-hold hairspray.
This is a perfect look for girls who want to experiment with their pixie haircuts. And it is also a great way to show off your fun and funky personality!
French Braids from Back to End
We love how this style looks from the back, but you can easily achieve the same effect by starting with two french braids on each side of your head and then joining them in the back. You are also going to love this style because it keeps all your hair away from your face!
For this style, you will need:
- A comb
- Bobby pins
- Hair elastics
- Hairspray (optional)
- Braid each section of hair until you reach the nape of your neck, then secure with a hair elastic. Repeat on the other side.
- Join the two braids in the back with a hair elastic, then tug at the braids to loosen them up a bit.
- Finish the style off with a mist of hairspray (optional).
This is a great style to show off your pixie cut if you have an event or special occasion. It’s also a nice way to change your look if you’re tired of wearing your hair down all the time.
For this style:
- Start by combing your hair back away from your face.
- Use a small amount of gel or pomade to slick down any flyaways.
- Gather your hair into a low ponytail at the nape of your neck and secure it with a hair elastic.
- Wrap the tail of your ponytail around the elastic to create a bun, then secure with bobby pins.
- It’s time to finish the style, but you have a few options: leave the bun as is or pull out a few face-framing pieces to give it a more undone look. You can add a sparkly headband or clip to dress it up more!
Twist or fake a bob
If you want to change your look but don’t want to commit to a major haircut, consider styling your hair into a fake bob. This is a great style for growing out a pixie cut or for short-haired girls who want to try something new.
It’s also a really easy style to do!
- All you need to do is twist your hair into two low buns, securing each with a few bobby pins. To twist, take a section of hair away from your face. Then, wrap the hair around itself, tucking the ends in as you go.
- Once both sections are twisted, secure each with a few bobby pins. If you want, you can leave a few face-framing pieces out.
- If you want to add a bit of wave or curls, then you can use a curling iron or hot rollers before you start twisting your hair.
- Also, if your hair is longer, you can try this style with a high ponytail instead of low buns.
The top knot is a classic style that looks great, no matter your hair length. And, it’s also a really easy style to do!
To get this look:
- Start by gathering all of your hair to the top of your head and tie it into a ponytail.
- Then, take a small section of hair from the ponytail and wrap it around the base, securing it with a bobby pin.
- Finally, take the remaining hair and twist it into a bun, securing it with bobby pins.
Pixie cut with long bangs
If you’ve got a pixie cut with long bangs, then you know that they can be a bit tricky to style. But, we’ve got a few tips and tricks to help you get the perfect look every time.
For this style:
Start by blow-drying your bangs straight using a round brush.
Then, use a flat iron to smooth out any remaining bumps or kinks.
Next, use a small amount of pomade or wax to style your bangs however you want. You can go for a sleek look or tousle them for a more undone look.
Finally, it’s time to finish the style! Just use a bit of hairspray to help keep everything in place.
A great yet easy way to style your short Pixie hair is by putting it into two Dutch braids. Not only does this style keep your hair out of your face, but it also looks chic and stylish.
- Start by dividing your hair into two equal sections.
- Then, take a small section of hair from the outside of one of the sections and cross it over to the other section.
- Next, take a small section of hair from outside the other section and cross it over to the first section.
- Repeat these steps, crossing a small section of hair from one side to the other until you reach the end of your hair.
- If you want, you can gently pull on the braids to make them look fuller.
Well, they are just what they sound like- bangs that are twisted. Using a common-sense approach, you would think that all you need to do is twist your bangs and then let them be. But, as with anything else in the world of hair, there is a bit more to it. To get the perfect twisted bangs, you will need to follow these steps:
- Start with clean, dry hair. If your hair is already styled, you can start with step two. But, if you have just washed your hair, you will need to start from the beginning.
- Divide your bangs into two sections.
- Start twisting each section of your bangs in opposite directions. But here is a twist for you (no pun intended). Once you have twisted your bangs a few times, you will want to switch the direction you are twisting them. So, if you start twisting them to the left, switch and twist to the right after a few twists. This will ensure that your bangs are nice and tight.
- Once you have twisted your bangs to your liking, you can either let them be or secure them with a bobby pin or two.
- Now that you know how to get the perfect twisted bangs to, try them yourself!
Bobby pin art
Ew, pixie cuts are so basic. yawn
Not anymore! You can turn your pixie cut into a work of art with a few strategically placed bobby pins. Check out this tutorial to see how it’s done:
- First, gather your supplies. You’ll need bobby pins in various colors, a comb, and some hair gel or spray.
- Next, decide on the design you want to create. You can go for something simple, like a geometric shape or a word, or get creative with an abstract design.
- Once your design is in mind, start placing the bobby pins into your hair. Use the comb to help you get them into the right position.
- When you’re happy with the way, your design looks, secure it with a bit of hair gel or spray.
And that’s it! You now have a stylish, unique pixie cut that will turn heads.
A zig-zag part is a way to go when creating an illusion of fuller hair.
- To create this look, use a comb to create a zig-zag parting in your hair. Start from the front hairline and work your way back. You can make the zig-zags as close or far apart as you want.
- To make a zig-zag part, start by wetting your hair and combing it back.
- Then, use a rat-tail comb to make a parting in the middle of your head.
- Next, take small sections of hair and comb them over the zig-zag parting. Repeat this process until all of your hair is combed over the zig-zag parting.
- But you can backcomb the roots a little to make an imaginary fuller hair.
Sleek pixie cut with glitter
This style is all about keeping your hair Sleek and chic. We will use glitter as an accessory to add a touch of glamour.
- The first thing that you have to do before starting styling is to use a good quality shampoo and conditioner. This is what will give your hair a sleek look.
- Start towel drying your hair, and then use a heat protectant serum.
- Now you are ready to use a straightener to get that sleek look. Once your hair is completely straight, use a very small amount of glitter on your fingers and apply it to your hair.
- Use a strong-hold hairspray to keep the glitter in place.
There are many ways to style your pixie cut, and the sky is the limit when it comes to creativity. With a little effort, you can have a unique and stylish pixie cut that will turn heads. So go out and experiment with different styles and find the one that works best for you!
But we suggest you try all the styles mentioned in this article and then decide which one is your favorite. So here you get how to style short pixies hairs in no time.